Remember the Asian Crisis of 97..Do not miss the boat again!!!

More
15 years 1 week ago #1407 by musicwhiz
I won\'t like to say that I am a \"fan\" of Warren Buffett - it\'s more like I feel what he teaches are sound principles for investment, gathered from his mentor Benjamin Graham. Investment, if done soundly, can guarantee steady consistent returns over time. This is what I hope to achieve - the idea is NOT to emulate Buffett\'s every move or to even aspire to be as great as the man himself. DO your own research and select the companies you are comfortable with. You need a sufficiently long time horizon to smoothen out the mood swings of Mr. Market. Sorry to say but 1-2 years is much too short an investment horizon to guarantee consistent returns, I would suggest 5-10 years in solid companies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 days ago #1409 by peter lee
Dear friends, congrats. you have sold yours at near peak. i believe that even warren buffet do not diversified. many traders do also miss many opportunity in their lives because they wait for their devoted signs or patterns before taking actions. signs can be fundamental, technical analysis, religion, etc. The key principle is consistency and patience. And lastly, timing which is the most important and more difficult to master. In general, each stock has its own price which is reflective of its value. e.g high gearing means more volatile and high risk but also high return. In short, we should not labelled them as good or bad stk. Sometimes, mkt may misprice them which means opportunity for us. On view of the time frame, I think no fix duration. Sell gradually when u can find a better stk to replace or mkt is overbought. All above is my 1 cent worth of thoughts which is easier to say than do.

More
15 years 1 day ago #1415 by musicwhiz
There are no good or bad \"stocks\". There are only well-managed or poorly-managed companies, thus making them good or bad investments respectively.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1462 by musicwhiz
Not sure if the sudden rally has convinced some that being vested throughout is more rewarding than trying to time the market. But I guess to each his own. Such a liquidity fuelled rally has caught everyone (including myself) by complete surprise. I was personally hoping for more months of low valuations so that I could continue buying, but it seems this would have to stop. Meanwhile, I shall wait for the results of my companies due mid to late-May 2009. Cheers and all the best to everyone. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds