Remember the Asian Crisis of 97..Do not miss the boat again!!!

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #1394 by sean.ng
i am not sure hw long this market rally will continue, but I have sold out those stocks that i deemed are not in the performing sectors and buy in the most performing one, which is more likely to rise first. Focus and wait out and hang on, else it would become impossible to chase the market, and we do not know which are the best performing days that are to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #1396 by musicwhiz
Even after the 6-week rally, equities are still at bear market valuations (my personal opinion). However, my criteria is to maintain maximum margin of safety, thus I will continue to purchase and average down only if I see suitably low prices for the companies I am eyeing. If not, I just sit and watch Mr. Market\'s mood swings with amusement. I generally prefer to purchase on a day where Mr. Market is either manic-depressive or \"bo-chup\". You cannot buy what is popular and make money; neither can you get good bargain prices when everything is bright, cheery and sunny.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1399 by sean.ng
in your own opinion, do you think STI has reached a real bottom and the first bull phase has just started? Or will it be another correction to set in again? Some analysts believed the bull has started while others are skeptical, pointing to the still lousy economy as the reason and that unless jobs and the eco is solved, the market will not be optimistic. Which do you believe in? Would you select stocks that go up with STI during a rally or stick purely on companies\' fundamentals? Would you throw stocks that just refuse to go with the rally? And exchange them for better performing stocks?

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #1401 by musicwhiz
Sean Ng, On direction of markets, I have absolutely no idea and will not make any guesses. I will of course stick to the companies I know best and find chances to increase my stake in them. At the same time, I also monitor their industry and fundamental characteristics.
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by musicwhiz.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1404 by peter lee
Dear friends, i agreed with musicwhiz comments. i believe predicting when the mkt will bottom is a futile. there may be unpredictable events like SARS or 9/11 attack. I believe what warren buffet said \" be greedy when there is fear \". constantly do a rotation of stocks with good fundamentals to get alpha return and do money management, where reduce holding when mkt is overbought and increase holding when mkt is oversold, in order to have ammunition when opportunity arises. everyone has different techniques. it is easier to say than to do it. take care.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1405 by sean.ng
hi i can see that many are a big fan of warren, unfortunately i admit i dont have that kind of timeline, for me holding on to a stock for 1-2 years is a more realistic way. i dont really get what u mean. Do you mean that, in specific terms, if i have just bought a huge amount of ezra last week @ $1.01, i should sold some of it away since it looks like being overbought now, and wait for it to drop back down to $0.80 before i buy back half of it again? What if it does not reach that level pf pricing again? Would i have missed out on buying opportunity, if this round would be the last opportunity before an actual bull run? I see diversifying into too many stocks had been disastrous, esp with the S-chips. Thus, i had sold most of what i could away during this rally, and have turned to other more resilient & performing stock in performing sector & limit to focus on just that favourite ones. I believed that warren buffet does not endorse diversification as well.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds