Techcomp

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5203 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Re:Techcomp
PJ, Do the homework yourself.

I give you a fishing rod. You have to learn how to fish yourself.

If you earn good profit from the stock market, it is your ability and credit. If you lose money from the stock market, it is your fault.

Have a good weekend.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by MacGyver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5204 by PJ
Replied by PJ on topic Re:Techcomp
MG:
 In the past, really no time to do "homework" hence no active involvement in equities.
Now just  into my retirement.  Started doing homework by reading fin websites etc.  Still very inexperienced.  Hence just asking for your timeline for Techcomp. 
In fact, one of my homework is to read up and follow people like you who post quality stuff in Nextinsight. Guess I am still a slow coach trying to catch up.  Maybe you can recommend me some good courses  and good fin websites to attend/to visit  to learn about equities investment.
cheers

More
13 years 2 months ago #5205 by observer2
Replied by observer2 on topic Re:Techcomp
PJ
I believe the best way for any inexperienced investor (like yourself) to learn investing, is from a successful and seasoned investor. This would enable you to shorten your learning time and avoid making the many painful mistakes that most investors tend to make. Like the animal world, the young always pick up a lot of survival skills from their seasoned, experienced parents. Had their parents been insufficiently wise and successful, they would have perished long ago.  The stock market is a very treacherous and deceptive place for many to lose their hard earned money. Most people tended to do well in the bull market but only to lose part or all of their gains in the bear market. Various textbooks and golden tips could offer much help to new investors but there are also many lessons that cannot be learned from textbooks.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5210 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Re:Techcomp
Hi PJ,
I am not a good teacher.
I guess every investor has his/her own strategies to studying the market and investing the right stocks. Some take long term views while others believe in timing the market.
Maybe for a start, you can read what the forummers have posted in the website.
I have done some articles for the website last year. It shows my preferred style of investing. Last year was a good year for equity market. I made more than 2 millions from my portfolio. I am more skeptical of this year as I believe global inflation may disrupt the equty market. Hence, I tend to be more selective of companies with strong balance sheets and good fixed assets.
Have a good Year of Rabbit.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5287 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Re:Re:Techcomp
Hello Everybody, Reality is sinking in and as I suspected (unfortunately), the start of 2011 is not turning out to be a good year in equity.
Hold on tight cos this right is going to be really rough. Libya is a big problem that even the USA cannot solve (cos they don't have any influence in that country). It may take a couple of months for a new ruler to be reinstated and bring peace back to the land.
Stick to fundamental sound stocks and stop buying stocks that claimed their growth is 100% because they started a new business or sell a new product.
A real businessman will tell you that new products or new businesses take years to breakeven, even if they are really good.
Take a good look at HTL International, they have been around for ages and still only make below S$30m per year. I admire the management but also pity them. It is a pity that such an honest management could not find the breakthrough in their business. Good thing that they decide to raise the dividend payout this year.
Techcomp result is still not out. I am waiting in anticipation for a good set of results.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5290 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:Techcomp
super net profit result - way above normal 23% rate, now PE is abt 8X historical.
 expect 2011 to be excellent too, so PE downn to ....? 5 or 6

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds