Techcomp

More
13 years 3 months ago #5151 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Techcomp
TECHCOMP: 'One of the most consistent companies I have researched on...'

Have just read the above report and checked the recent trades of TEchcomp. Seems to be attracting higher interest ahead of its full-year results and stock price is 43.5 cents, which is looking like ready to breach that 43-cent level. However, still very much an illiquid stock. Wonder how the management will address this illiquidity or is this an unchangeable fact of life for Techcomp?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #5172 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:Techcomp
There is a report from lim and tan securities yesterday. They meet up with management and management expect revenue to grow a robust 33 to 33 %. better than the usual 20% due to the turnabout of their European acquisitions, faster growth o their manufacturing division (better margin) and gain from sales of a subsidiary. See more from this link www.remisiers.org/index.php?option=com_c...6:research&Itemid=16

More
13 years 3 months ago #5177 by yeng
ivanignatius says: don't be put off by the illiquidity.   For long term, fundamental investors, illiquidity is your friend.   A number of academic studies now suggest that you get rewarded for illiquidity as the market is even more inefficient in illiquid stocks as hedge funds and large institutions won't touch them even when they can see the quality and the undervaluation.  

And the lack of broker coverage is also a positive.   Just look at Epicentre.   Anyone living in Singapore in the past five years has known that store in Wheelock Place is jam-packed, and must be coining it, yet it took a note from the excellent Terence at DMG to get the stock flying in January.   When Techcomp produces some blow out earnings later this month (I predict), it'll finally pick up some broker coverage, and you won't see the price in the 40s any more.  

The key to Techcomp is for them to get their manufacturing right, while not messing up on the Yen from their Hitachi distribution business (the explanation for their disastrous 2008).   All their acquisitions in Europe over the past couple of years ought to put them in great stead.    

More
13 years 2 months ago #5186 by yeng
Now 46 cents.... No wonder there was a recent increase in stake by Kabouteur Mgmt LLC. It has increased its stake gradually since Apr 2008.This sort of stock is a long-term investment with a big reward.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5193 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Re:Techcomp
Dear All, Happy New Year to all friends here and may the Year of Rabbit brings good health and wealth to everybody. I was pleasantly surprised that the stock price has performed well in the past weeks. I believe more and more investors are starting to understand the fundamentals of this Company and cheap valuations. In time to come, I am confident the stock will hit $1.00. For now, I am happy if the management will give out more dividends to its shareholders this year. Kung Hei Fa Choi!

More
13 years 2 months ago #5200 by PJ
Replied by PJ on topic Re:Techcomp
May I know what is your timeline for Techcomp to hit $1.00?  Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds