S-Chips selldown

More
15 years 2 months ago #1207 by Tony Adams
Replied by Tony Adams on topic Re:S-Chips selldown
Even DBS Bank acknowledged that the growth market is in China. DBS Bank sets up 150-million dollar China fund SINGAPORE, Feb 26, 2009 (AFP) - Singapore\'s DBS Bank said Thursday it has set up a 100-million US dollar (S$152 million) fund to invest in promising unlisted firms in China over the next two to three years. The RMB Fund, established by the bank\'s private equity arm, will on average invest 10-20 million dollars in each selected Chinese firm in exchange for minority stakes, DBS said in a statement. \'China is an important growth market for DBS, and we believe in its long-term potential,\' said Melvin Teo, managing director and head of DBS Private Equity. DBS Private Equity, the main investment arm of the Singapore bank, has offices in the city-state and in Hong Kong and will open another in Shanghai following the launch of the fund, the statement said. The bank is part of DBS Group Holdings, Southeast Asia\'s biggest lender by assets with its main banking operations in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #1216 by Gary Teh
Replied by Gary Teh on topic Re:S-Chips selldown
...might as well add purple-red all over too... If I know then I would bet the farm either short or long. No one knows...it can soar from here or take another huge beating...all I know is that we\'re not far from zero and it can\'t go beyond that...

More
15 years 2 months ago #1220 by sean.ng
Replied by sean.ng on topic Re:S-Chips selldown
hi i think its time to get knocked out by the market & by the time u wake up, drink more China milk & get more protein.:laugh: i think volatility will stay till at least 3Q09, might be in a very low period through the middle, and soars near the end of the year. More a believer of fengshui in these kind of times now than anything else.

More
15 years 2 months ago #1221 by Gary Teh
Hi sean, whatever works for you pal...again China sports released an impressive set of results...I was expecting disaster but like Hongxing and China Eratat which were equally impressive only to be sold down. Actually China. Eratat held up pretty well...maybe becoz from 0.08 to 0 is closer than Hong Xing 0.2 to 0. So I guess that 0 is the barrier and although silly as it may sound Fibrechem and Ferro did go to zero...in principal anyway..

More
15 years 2 months ago #1228 by Gary Teh
Anyone heard anything about Celestial yet??? Are they due to release their earnings today or am I mistaken?

More
15 years 2 months ago #1234 by sean.ng
Replied by sean.ng on topic Re:S-Chips selldown
heard that celestial\'s sales & earnings grew by abt 20%. Is the results in line with your expectation?

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds