I just heard about .....

• net
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10093 by net
Replied by net on topic Re:I just heard about .....
Financial management expert dies of heart attack after seminar

By ESTHER TEO

POPULAR financial management expert Dennis Ng died of a heart attack on Wednesday at the age of 43.

Mr Ng suffered the heart attack after a three-hour finance seminar at Park Mall and was given cardiopulmonary resuscitation. A defibrillator was also used.

He was taken to Singapore General Hospital where he was pronounced dead, Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday.

He leaves his wife and two sons, one in Primary 2 and the other in Secondary 2.

source: The Straits Times

Jul 27, 2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10098 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:I just heard about .....
That is one thing most of us fail to do, that is  planning, like in stock, you have to have a plan to loss, a bad trade so u suffer less.

Likewise, we must have a plan to dies. Since we have to dies, might well face it and plan for it. Because when it happen, we cannot come back here to do correction. And the consequences of no plan to dies will rest fully with your loved ones. Go and write will. Let family know what they shd do to our body. What you want to do to yuor property, your stock, etc.

Mine, will be a sea burial, actually i always love the sea, I ask Roland Tay, and he said tthis was the cheapest, It is not that it was cheap, but my love for sea.

Go and do fast, because we do not know the hour nor the day. Think in advance if you loved your loved one, dont leave them without a plan.

If you fail to plan for death, then you will dies in vain.Death in itself is bad enough, no plan will  make it even worse for your love ones.

If It have to be, it cannot be otherwise. I believe Denny have a good plan , so he can go in peace. and wait for me,

may u be well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10100 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:I just heard about .....
Wonder what caused his heart attack. Anyone has info?

• masteryourfinance
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10105 by masteryourfinance
Replied by masteryourfinance on topic Re:I just heard about .....
Saw this posting on the Facebook by Dennis' brother, Steven Ng that Dennis donated regularly despite enjoying a simple lifestyle. In addition, he splurge generously on family members (bought a costly watch for him). It was revealed that Dennis had congenital heart defect since birth, but only detected at age 18.

Most commendable is his goal to improve the financial literacy level of Singaporeans. He continues to share relentlessly his financial knowledge, even though only 20% of his heart is functioning, according to his classmate.
Steven Ng :昨天是我最伤心的一天,一位我引以为豪的弟弟加万过世了,在早上他还送了建康袜子,下午一起吃午饭,晚上十点五十多分传来他晕倒,怎么就没了,他是一个 坚强的弟弟,天生心脏有缺陷,十八岁发现,他支持了25年,他身怀大志,出书,开公司,教育,他都做到了,他从不把心脏的问题伤心放弃,经常做兹善,自已 生话得很简单,送我一个昂贵的手表,弟弟我怀念你....

Vivienne Quek: Dennis 是我的同学,与我们谈起他的抱负, 也淡淡地提起 心脏只有20%的功用,更肯定地说要提升国人的理财知识。他一生虽短然暂尔却璀璨多彩。

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

• cheongster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10106 by cheongster
Replied by cheongster on topic Re:I just heard about .....
Thank you for the info, masteryourfinance. Are you sure his heart was functioning 20% only? This is a very important factor in one's life perspective. If I were him, I would live life very differently.

• Olympian
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10234 by Olympian
Replied by Olympian on topic Re:I just heard about .....
From Yahoo!

If there's a medal for the highest cash payout for winning an Olympic gold, Singapore would top the charts.
According to a story by broadcaster CNBC, it said Italy was the most generous with a S$225,000 (USD 182,400) payout for gold, followed by Russia  with S$167,000.
France rounded up the top 3 with an S$80,000 payout.
In contrast,  US gold medal winners only pocket $31,000 for gold, S$18,000 for silver and S$12,000 for bronze.
However, the CNBC story obviously did not include Singapore.
Under the Multi-Million Dollar Awards Programme (MAP), Olympic gold medal champions in individual events stand to win S$ 1 million, S$500,000 for silver and S$250,000.
For example, Feng Tianwei's bronze medal victory in the women's single of the table-tennis will earn her a quarter of a million dollars.
However, she has to plough a mandatory 20 per cent back into the National Sports Association for future training and development.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds