UOL launches GO for UIC at S$1.20

More
15 years 3 months ago #948 by nex
let\'s all be realistic. the price at 1.20 is useless. pointless. just for fun. they formally need to GO because they purchase cross the 30% mark. GKW did the same thing a year or two back when he bought over 30% and did a GO at the last traded price. Being clean to have all property asset at one end is one thing.. but once HP sells the UIC it would have a higher chance to be considered as a financial holding company and that would create trouble for uncle wee\'s holding of UOB shares.. so my guess is, everyone stay put. maybe UOB will sell the UIC to UOL at cheap.. let\'s see how it goes..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #950 by MacGyver
Took 25 lots at $1.23. My downside is S$750 ($30 x 25 lots) but my upside could be a lot more. :laugh:

More
15 years 3 months ago #951 by nex
counterbid cannot be sumitted until earliest april... GKW\'s highest purchase price in the last 6mth was 2.85.. if he does one at 2.85 the market just might sell all to him

More
15 years 3 months ago #953 by MacGyver
Hi nex, If you read this issue, The Edge, you will understand what I mean. By theory, GKW can wait till end March to submit a counter bid. By then, Wee cannot do so cos he just failed in his GO. More drama to unfold?

More
15 years 3 months ago #962 by nex
i have read the edge.. but my read of the scenario is, nothing will happen.. unless GKW is tired of the game and decided to pull out in the event he needs liquidity. The edge is obviously not one of the most accurate nor analytical magazine around.. see how they actually can have contradictory views just 2 weeks apart on SATS\'s takeover of SFI Basis ? no basis. But during the earlier years a bunch of us did correctly analyzed WCY\'s strategy and caught the right train (OUE) for a nice ride instead of the commonly anticipated UOL and HP. 8-) Anyway at 1.20 UIC is quite a bargain. You won\'t lose much buying that. But I doubt you will gain much as well. I\'d rather invest in more exciting assets. Bear in mind, if this is such a good game, OHL wld come in and play along for the ride.. He is such sharp player.. Yet he is totally not seen... Even though UIC was his baby long time ago.

More
15 years 3 months ago #970 by MacGyver
Well done for your OUE, nex... Most important is that everybody makes some money. UIC is everybody\'s guess. OHL could have other agenda. He has a big project in Indonesia with the Japanese. For all you know, his capital may be tied up. I maintain the view that STI is going all the way down to 1,400 by end March. Have disposed of majority of the stocks except for a few situational plays. Have also bought CFD on the local banks and several blue chips. What\'s your take?

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds