UOL launches GO for UIC at S$1.20

More
15 years 2 months ago #986 by nex
Similar view. Probably range bound between 1200-1500 for the next 2-3 years. I have been almost 60~70%cash for the last 2 years so even though some 6digit losses in my existing \'zoo\'ish portfolio, fairly well off compared to many investors. Starting to nibble abit for the bear market rallies. Picking the good stuffs that can provided dividend yield over long term. I don\'t short individual stocks now because the cost is too high to make much off this volatile market. Would rather use futures. And my heaviest individual allocation now is into gold... Can see how bearish I am!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #993 by MacGyver
Traditional, gold has been a safe haven in inflationary and distressed times. This time round, I am not so sure. Relative to the other assets, it is definately more resilient. But my concern is that Gold has been whacked up by speculators over the past couple of years. Relatively speaking, it is expensive compared to other asset classes. I am trying to find ways to buy RMB. I believe this currency is severely undervalued. PRC government will probably keep it this way for the next 12-24 months but beyond that, they have to let it appreciate. Do you know any ways that I can invest in RMB? Thanks.

More
15 years 2 months ago #994 by nex
i am not very sure about rmb though.. china is going to face alot of issues on its own now that US as their product vacuum cleaner is no longer working... What you can do is, go to HK and open an account with DBS or HSBC (you can probably do it with your passport, but you might need an address). Then you can have an offshore RMB account. But again, they might not offer the account to someone without a HK residency.. so abit tricky.. If you are talking about 200k SGD equivalent (premium banking), I believe the banks wld try to cater and help u get it done. I still have some bits of RMB in HK that I am pondering if i shld pull them back or leave them as they are ya gold is abit speculative.. but that just adds to the volatility and liquidity. i bumped into two friends yesterday, both are institutional brokers with alot of HNW clients. They are going to the extent of stocking up food to last at least 1-2 months for the family in case the market structure totally collapse within the next year or so...

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds