Man Wah - A multi-bagger in the making?

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #1570 by scbchan
I am disappointed with Man Wah\'s decision to withhold dividend this round. It has used the cashflow generated to pay down the bank and other loans by HKD 52m in Q4. The resulting net cash inflow is HKD 70m giving a final net cash position of HKD 45m. Man Wah is net cash positive, has a brand new plant at 60% utilization and no majar capex in sight. I can only conclude that the next quarters ahead are still a challenge and to conserve cash is a prudent move - but I am still disappointed not to receive a final dividend! The good news is Man Wah is able to take advantage of the lower cost of goods to achieve a gross margin of 38.3%. This is much higher than HTL 33.2% for the same quarter ending in Mar 09.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by scbchan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1571 by Bestworld
Disappointing.....No dividend. Never do any Share buy back!

More
14 years 11 months ago #1572 by Mel
yah man, disappointing that there\'s no dividend. The final dividend in the previous FY was 0.758 Singapore cts. In a sense, it\'s not very much & wont be sorely missed. What i wish the mgt had done is to provide an explanation of why the div is not coming this time. Silence is not golden.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1574 by Bestworld
Share price under pressure! Beautiful! Punishment for not paying dividend! :silly:

More
14 years 11 months ago #1584 by Morpheus
Do you remember what happen to China Hongxing after they stop paying the dividends ?? :woohoo:

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1606 by Mel
Morpheus wrote:

Do you remember what happen to China Hongxing after they stop paying the dividends ?? :woohoo:

yes, Hongxing half-drowned. Man Wah is the opposite. It seems to be priming for a rocket up. For those shareholders, the capital appreciation of 3 cents since results announcement shld be better than a dividend *(FY08 final was kacang putih at 0.758 ct)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Mel.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds