How you see the market ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #6846 by Dongdaemun
Right now, Dow is up about 200 points -- this volatility is amazing. Can kill anyone with a weak heart. Only true value investors can sleep well, as their investments are solid, undervalued stocks with a shield from US & Euro woes.

I think the SG market has fallen too too much, discounting an awful lot of bad news.

The US economy ain't in deep shit. The latest jobless claims report is an indication that the economy is growing albeit at a moderate pace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6848 by MacGyver
I find it strange that the S&P report was published on 06 August, after the US govt has lifted the debt ceiling and delayed the problem.
I read an article that the US govt did had a discussion with S&P and also pointed out the error in the report. S&P acknowledged the error but maintain its stand on the government rating downgrade.
Now S&P went out to hit on Italy and other European markets.
It somehow seems planned that the global markets will suffer a big correction after the US government 02 August deadline.
Did the global bankers or S&P short the markets before announcing all these news?
We can only guess.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6851 by Dongdaemun
U smell a rat, eh, MacGyver? Well, well, the truth will come out. Anyone from S&P or the banks shorted the market -- they will be hanged sooner or later.

The markets will recover. Just look at the U.S. stocks gaining ground tonight. Why? Cos the US has just reported the  biggest increase in retail sales in four months!

Who really knows what is going on in a supercomplex economy ?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6861 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:How you see the market ?
Hello everyone, Just wanted to share a very very good article from New York Times on why the markets went wild. It's psychology --- not the fundamentals.

Excerpt:
In practice, we do stupid things all the time. Some of us gamble away money, doubling down when logic tells us to quit. Others let their winnings ride when any rational person would cash out.
But many experts say the 2008 financial collapse recalibrated investor psychology. After living through the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the panic that followed, some investors are apt to sell first and ask questions later. Wall Street’s notion of worst-case scenarios has darkened considerably

U can read the full article at: www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/business/neur...can-shun-reason.html
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mel.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6862 by Mel
Buffett: The lower stocks go, the more I buy
That is how the greatest investor thinks. How do we think?

Another good read on a Sunday:
finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/11/warren-buffett-buy-stocks/

More
12 years 8 months ago #6864 by csltay8033
Dark clouds are gathering in US & Europe...Debts!Debts!Debts! and Deficits!Deficits!Deficits!
Past 2 weeks are panic selling by wealthy clients & how many trillions of dollars are wiped out from global markets...Spells more trouble ahead???
Just for the idea of how big is 1 trillion US dollars, i searched the web & found this interesting site(cartoon). Relax & enjoy folks. Check it out & Wow! :O
www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds