Hafary

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13209 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:Hafary -- top today!
After 1.5 years, Hafary rewarded my friends by running from 24 cents to 39 cents. Top gainer this morning, with 20% jump to 39 cents. The interim dividend was a bumper 2.5 cent a share! 
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #13214 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:Re:Hafary -- top today!
1. UOB KH could be supporting this stock because it has 20 m new shares to place out.

2. Hafary's core business didnt make much money in 1H, it's the one-off gain from property development in Aljunied project that accounted for the gigantic bottomline gain.

3. Dividend of 2.5 cents seems to come from the one-off prop gain. On the other hand, Hafary being 90% owned by the Low family will certainly strive to keep up good dividend payouts. The track record suggests so. At the end of the day, Hafary may be a dividend yield play, rather than growth (unless their new Chinese & Viet new ventures prove to be strongly earnings positive, which they are not currently.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joes

More
11 years 2 months ago #13319 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Hafary
quite choppy earnings trend in recent years. However, the dividend has been going up. 
Let's see what the performance is like in 2H which is from Jan-June. 

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #13557 by Joes
2.5 cent dividend coming ,,,,last day of entitlement is Monday.
Yield is 6.1% on stock price of 41 cents.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Joes.

More
11 years 1 month ago #13576 by Joes
The volume traded was surprisingly high, as if people really sought after the shares for the dividend. FA-wise, I have a question in my mind: What is the profit level from Hafary's tile supplies to the booming HDB projects? It has just started delivery, and I am not seeing big impact in the July-Dec 2012 period. Anyway, I quote from the official statement:

"The Group has secured orders of surfacing materials for use in a considerable number of HDB residential estate
development. During FY2013, the Group is expected to commence deliveries of these secured orders. These deliveries are expected to contribute positively to the Group."

More
11 years 1 month ago #13616 by Joes
43.5 cents today. (after x-d of 2.5 cents a share in dividend). Phew!

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds