Readers' Top Picks (Part2)

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #5434 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Re:Readers' Top Picks (Part2)
[hr] [greenrookie 18-03-2011]: China increase reserve ratio of banks again.. This after the interest rate hike recently. Think s-chip is going to face further selling pressure. The hikes and tightening of credit is coming fast and furious. This could be the third whammy for s-chips after accounting scandal, japan crisis. Given that many of the readers' choice are of s-chips. Get ready for rough ride. Mid to long term, valuation is good, short term think there isn't much chance for a strong rally even after the japan crisis is settled. (quickly, I hope. Power is brought back quickly and the reactor gets cool) Tonite, Dow most likely to clear 12000 mark, but come Monday i wonder how HSI will perform. This Hang Seng always likely to follow China. We are in danger time. The very most PIGS will last till 3rd quaters, before all hell break loose. That is my judgement. Not to be taken as truth nor for your investment tip. Do so at your own risk. We here are suffering like the Japanese, 1st get hit by earthquake(euro crises), then 2nd get hit by Tsunami(mena), and to ensure that we are really dead, now come the nuclear radiation ( China bank reserve ratio again.) .And before we know, second round start, all over again, to to ensure we are trurely dead. There was this i read in CNN, they say top 5 bank got exposure to Japan. If BB ( those ruthless hedge fund) want to play this up to their benefit, we better be alert. Me lucky to have sold all on the very first 2 day, save Innotek and UMS, like they say, let the winner run. And it worse come to worse, got to sell fast for this 2 "hero" of my stable. Hope to hear Japan have the reactor under control over the weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #5727 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Readers' Top Picks (Part2)
Doomsday that cheongwee predicted is still far away - or it wont be coming anytime soon?
All the stocks highlighted in this thread --- no go, still struggling except for Bright World & Techcomp. This year so far is not good for investors. Hu An Cable supposed to be top value stock cos SEAVI bought into it and said very positive things. But still languishing at 36 cents. !!!!

More
13 years 1 week ago #5731 by greenrookie
Happily accumulating at below 35 cents 

More
12 years 11 months ago #5845 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Readers' Top Picks (Part2)
Hu An Cable chairman was featured in The Edge this week and he is seeking PR in SG. Must park S$10 m in SG. If application is successful his 2 sons will move here to study. Does this mean anything ? Maybe a little -- this S-chip has to behave! Any problem, the Chairman can be 'contacted' and his S$10 m is within reach of the law.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5947 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Hu an cable
Good news from Hu an cable too. Revenue increase 71% and net profits increase 68%. higher market penetration and strategy to move up the value chain of cables pay off as higher sales recorded from These products. Also company is able to pass on the higher cost of copper to customers through higher prices due to buoyant demand. They are now offering bonus shares 3 shares for every 10 shares. Not sure how this will affect prices or how effective it will improve liquidity. Taking into consideration the bonus exercise taken by Techcomp did not improve liquidity.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7111 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Hu an cable
CEO and chairman Dai is doing open market purchases 1.3 million shares on weds and thurs at av. Price of 25 cents. Current price is 24 cents. A bullish sign to me

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds