Stock Challenge

More
15 years 2 months ago #977 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Stock Challenge
Agreed. Everybody got \"burnt\" in the crisis last year. The key is that we learnt from our mistakes and improve.... The worst and easiest thing is to walk away from the mistakes (ie leave the stock market). Then you will never learn anything or make any things. Anybody read that article in The New Paper yesterday. Generally, I don\'t like tabloids but given that it is the only English newspaprs yesterday, I had to read it... Boy, I was so intrigued by this \"poor\" sportmanship discssions going on... Singapore atheletics have no \"fire\", cannot afford to \"lose\", always make execuses for \"failure\"...... sounds so Singaporean man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ct.leong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #979 by ct.leong
Replied by ct.leong on topic Re:Stock Challenge
mardi.tan wrote:

Hi, Mr Music, i read your investment in Pac Andes and other stocks. seems like you get burnt heavily. keep it up, know your mistakes and keep on. good luck for you

i hv been following Musicwhiz\'s blog for some time, and he has shown depth and breath in his analysis & articles. in other words, he is certainly not one of the many uninformed punters out there.

More
15 years 1 month ago #999 by musicwhiz
Replied by musicwhiz on topic Re:Stock Challenge
Just an interesting observation. Each participant contributed $100 to a pool making up a total of $500. The first prize is $350, second is $100 while the third is just $50. In actuality, this would mean that there is only ONE winner, not three. The person who gets the $350 would be getting a 250% return on his investment ($100 return of investment + 2.5x return ON investment). The person who gets the $100 is simply breaking even, while the one getting the $50 should not count is as a \"prize\" as he is still 50% poorer ! Of course, one can further argue that the two who walk away with no \"prize\" money at all suffer a 100% loss ! On a separate note, it would be interesting to read more in depth as to the decisions made by participants on selecting their companies, and what had made them either sell or continue to stick to them month after month. Besides a review of the macro-economic environment (which is clearly deteriorating), a microscopic examination of each company\'s fundamentals should also be part of the write-up. Just my 2-cents. :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #1452 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Stock Challenge
i read that sebastian chong won stock challenge with a 30% gain on his portfolio in the last 6 months. it does seem like a very good gain, doesnt it? the more interesting question now is, going forward with the markets all looking bright, what sort of gains will future Stk Challenge partiicpants report? 100%?

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds