Secrets of Investing Success

More
14 years 3 months ago #2771 by PKC
Replied by PKC on topic Re:Secrets of Investing Success
The one that has potential to make general offer is Depa, which has increased DS holding recently from about 20% to 25%. Depa is one of the world largest interior design companies. It also has JV with DS. Hence, I\'m not surprise they may make general offer if DS stays with low PE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2779 by AK71
vontsi wrote:

Hi musicwhiz, What are some good stocks that yields good dividends that you would recommend?

Hi Vontsi, I kaypoh a bit. You might want to consider these I have in my High Yield Portfolio: singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/2...yield-portfolio.html

• neontet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #2960 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:Secrets of Investing Success
I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. - Warren Buffett If a business does well, the stock eventually follows. - Buffett Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars. - Buffett

More
14 years 3 months ago #2973 by Pharoah88
WHAT goes UP HIGHER must come down to lower base. WHAT goes down lower must come UP to HIGHER base. Cycles are repeated from low to HIGH and back to low and so on.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3368 by phantom1
don\'t take what buffett says at face value, he says one thing and does another, as an example in his latest letter he says that we don\'t invest in anything where we don;t understand the business and don\'t know how it will look like in 10 years or so, something he has repeated for a long time. yet take a look at his share holdings and you will see BYD the HK listed electric battery/car stock as one of his prominent buys last year, this is a company wih a completely unclear future or does buffett already know how well electric cars are ging to sell 10 years from now?

More
14 years 5 days ago #3706 by Dongdaemun
1000-pt drop in Dow was not reflective of the sentiment...It\'s all the fault of computerised trading. Read bloomberg.... May 6 (Bloomberg) -- Computerized trades sent to electronic networks turned an orderly stock market decline into a rout today, according to Larry Leibowitz, the chief operating officer of NYSE Euronext. While the first half of the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s 998.5-point plunge probably reflected normal trading, the selloff snowballed because of orders sent to venues with no investors willing to match them, Leibowitz said in an interview on Bloomberg Television. “If you look at the charts you can see fairly clearly where the trades came in,” he said from New York. “It’s that V-shaped drop where it came down and snapped right back up. You had some very high-cap stocks trading down 50 percent or large percentages in a split instant because there really was no liquidity in electronic markets.”

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds