the stunning recovery of 2009

More
14 years 10 months ago #1602 by Dongdaemun
prof chan yan chong > A 60% rise within 3 months is really frightening. Many people did not have the courage to enter the market because the rise was too rapid; they were waiting for the market downturn before entering. But there was no sign of sizeable downturn; instead share prices kept going up as the months past. I was invited by Sin Min Daily to join a ship cruise organised by Employers’ Union. On the cruiser I met some of the people who had attended my March 15 talk, and who had followed my suggestion to buy shares when US started printing currency notes on March 19. One of the reasons for the rapid rising wave because many people did not enter the market in time, not believing the bull market was already here. Consequently there was no profit taking during the share price rising stages. After buying, most people would be happy to sell their shares when market has arison 20% to 30%, thus hampering the rising trend due to profit takeing. This time however, peopele did not have shares to sell, and therefore big players could keep pushing up share prices. Habitually, I like to stay back and meet participants after a talk, and to understand individual punters’ latest views. I asked them If they had purchased some stocks. Most answed no, as the market was rising to fast, and would like to wait for market adjustment before going in. They asked me when would the market adjust? My answer is: you keep waiting for adjustment to come; it will come one day. Then you can’t hold any longer, thinking that you might miss out the bull market; you jump into it, and then after that the bull market retreats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #1630 by musicwhiz
The \"Stunning Recovery\" took all of one week (first week of May 2009) for share prices to leap and jump. My view is as always - time in the markets is preferable to timing the markets.:)

More
14 years 10 months ago #1631 by Mel
is this correction engineered by brokers to stimulate trading? I learnt that brokers set target prices that r not too high, so that encourages clients to take profit and later buy back again after they issue a new report with a higher target price. as someone said: Commission revenue is the lifeblood of brokerages. Buffett style investing is not good for brokerages at all.

More
14 years 10 months ago #1632 by peter lee
there are broking house who do their own trading. i do not have actual data. i was told that some of them buy big on a stock. when it starts to rally, they issued a good report on it,pushing it up further. when public buys, they take profit. thus, public lose out.

More
14 years 10 months ago #1634 by shuishui
LOL............izzt tatz e trade n beauty of it.......sum win n sum loss jus lik supply n demand...........bank does it e best......................jus my 6cent worth................

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds