Recap on my posts - 2016 n 2017

More
7 years 1 month ago #23669 by josephyeo
Recap of my posts – 2016/2017

Year 2016
In 2016 i posted on Ezion, Sinostar Pec and Mermaid Maritime. At date of post,
Ezion was 27 cts, Sinostar was 12.5 cts and Mermaid was 11.8cts. On friday (17 Mar)
Ezion closed at 34.5, Sinostar at 20.5 and Mermaid at 23.5 cts. This gives a return
Of 33.5%; 65% and 99% respectively.

Since my posts I had recently parred down on Ezion and Sinostar and exitted
Mermaid as these stocks had reached or exceeded my targets. Despite the parring
down I am still substantially vested in Ezion and Sinostar. Will be looking at their
next financial reports before taking further decision. If story line hold for Mermaid
will buy back on dips.

Year 2017
In 2017, I posted on Chasen and Excelpoint. At date of post Chasen was 3,6 cts
and Excelpoint was 42 cts. Friday's closed for Chasen was 4.8 cts and Excelpoint
was 56 cts. This gives a return of 33% for both counters.

I am still holding to Chasen and waiting for its 4th quarter/full year report in May. If
story line hold, i will continue to hold for the next few quarters. However should the
story line change to negative I will reconsider my decision.

Excelpoint has been an interesting stock in my holding. I was actually in the stock as
early as 2012. Before its share consolidation it was traded between 6 to 9 cts. Was
giving a consistent dividend of 0.8 cts and a yield of close to 10%. Over
the years i have collected a total dividend of 20 cts. My entry point was around 6.5 cts
after consolidation it should be 32.5 cts. If you take my original capital cost minus
dividend received, my current cost is only 32.5 – 20 = 12.5 cts.

I have held the stock for 5+ years and am intending to continue holding it. Its actually
a neglected stock hardly notice by anybody. Thinly traded and often with a wide gap
between buyers and sellers. Institutions and funds managers normally avoid this type
as it has an extremely low net profit margin of around 1%.
The main reasons i was attracted to it were : 1) consistent high dividend and therefore
high dividend yield, 2) company had been consistently profitable, 3) improving top and
and bottom line; 4) revenue has jumped very dramatically from US$489 mil in 2011 to
US$988 in 2016. 5) was trading below nta. On current price of 56 cts, it is still giving
a divdend yield of 7%. Its one of the stocks i keep for dividends.

Another stock mentioned in my post on Chasen was Serial System. There was no
write up .. just a mention. At time of mention it was trading around 14 cts. On friday
the stock closed at 16.7 cts .. up almost 20%.

end for now ... will share at a later date on why n how i do my pick. Hopefully it
will help serious investors in this forum

To be continued ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #23670 by josephyeo
Serial System is now trading at 17.8 cts. Reached a high of 18.3 cts this morning.

Its almost up 30% from the date i first mentioned.

Recap of my posts – 2016/2017

Year 2016
In 2016 i posted on Ezion, Sinostar Pec and Mermaid Maritime. At date of post,
Ezion was 27 cts, Sinostar was 12.5 cts and Mermaid was 11.8cts. On friday (17 Mar)
Ezion closed at 34.5, Sinostar at 20.5 and Mermaid at 23.5 cts. This gives a return
Of 33.5%; 65% and 99% respectively.

Since my posts I had recently parred down on Ezion and Sinostar and exitted
Mermaid as these stocks had reached or exceeded my targets. Despite the parring
down I am still substantially vested in Ezion and Sinostar. Will be looking at their
next financial reports before taking further decision. If story line hold for Mermaid
will buy back on dips.

Year 2017
In 2017, I posted on Chasen and Excelpoint. At date of post Chasen was 3,6 cts
and Excelpoint was 42 cts. Friday's closed for Chasen was 4.8 cts and Excelpoint
was 56 cts. This gives a return of 33% for both counters.

I am still holding to Chasen and waiting for its 4th quarter/full year report in May. If
story line hold, i will continue to hold for the next few quarters. However should the
story line change to negative I will reconsider my decision.

Excelpoint has been an interesting stock in my holding. I was actually in the stock as
early as 2012. Before its share consolidation it was traded between 6 to 9 cts. Was
giving a consistent dividend of 0.8 cts and a yield of close to 10%. Over
the years i have collected a total dividend of 20 cts. My entry point was around 6.5 cts
after consolidation it should be 32.5 cts. If you take my original capital cost minus
dividend received, my current cost is only 32.5 – 20 = 12.5 cts.

I have held the stock for 5+ years and am intending to continue holding it. Its actually
a neglected stock hardly notice by anybody. Thinly traded and often with a wide gap
between buyers and sellers. Institutions and funds managers normally avoid this type
as it has an extremely low net profit margin of around 1%.
The main reasons i was attracted to it were : 1) consistent high dividend and therefore
high dividend yield, 2) company had been consistently profitable, 3) improving top and
and bottom line; 4) revenue has jumped very dramatically from US$489 mil in 2011 to
US$988 in 2016. 5) was trading below nta. On current price of 56 cts, it is still giving
a divdend yield of 7%. Its one of the stocks i keep for dividends.

Another stock mentioned in my post on Chasen was Serial System. There was no
write up .. just a mention. At time of mention it was trading around 14 cts. On friday
the stock closed at 16.7 cts .. up almost 20%.

end for now ... will share at a later date on why n how i do my pick. Hopefully it
will help serious investors in this forum

To be continued ...[/quote]

More
7 years 1 month ago #23695 by yeng
Thank you Joseph. You have a good track record in this forum! I got into Sinostar Pec but missed the others. What is the next low-hanging fruit pls?

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #23698 by walterlim
Hi Joseph,

your analysis are really spot on and evokes the fundamental beliefs of Benjamin Graham. really appreciate your generous sharing of under valued stocks in this forum

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #23700 by josephyeo
Hi yeng n walterlim, thank you for your compliments. Appreciate very much.

I am just a normal person who happen to be blessed with picking the right
stocks .. so far. Its just lots of hardwork n clear thinking. I do pick wrong stocks too, fortunately not too many.

All the best to both of you!

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #23701 by walterlim
Dear Joseph,

Could you give us some tips on how you do your research? do you read from books on investing fundamentals? Would really appreciate if you could share more of your valued opinions

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds