Will STI go up this week?

More
14 years 11 months ago #1425 by Morpheus
Dear Forumers, Like to start this new thread to share our views on the outlook for the Singapore market. Let me kick start by saying that I have turned bullish over the past week. The DJIA have stablised around 8100 and the swine flu is not as bad as previously fear. Unless, we have \"NEW\" bad news coming out, I think our market should also stablised around this level and begin to build a base for upside bias. In addition, we have the PAP elections to look forward to in 2009. STI always go up in a Singapore election year, recession or no recession.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1443 by sean.ng
yes, at the point of writing this, the STI has nearly hit 2,000 points, and even if any correction sets in, which is inevitable, it is still a bullish rally. My prediction is that this should continue on in May through to at least early of June and we shall see a deeper fall somewhere in the months following that, before shooting to a new bull run after the year end. If you look at history, just as in 2003 SARS, I believe that by 2010 or at least somewhere in that year, the market would have rallied substantially, once the current flu has been contained. Cheers

More
14 years 11 months ago #1463 by Morpheus
Yes, the current rally will continue until more bad news come out. At this stage, the excessive liquidity will continue to drive up the stock markets. Bears stay at home while bulls charged ahead. :P

More
14 years 11 months ago #1470 by Morpheus
BNP target for STI is 2,500... Morpheus target for STI is 2,600 !!!! :laugh: :laugh:

More
14 years 11 months ago #1472 by sean.ng
i certainly hope so.. but 2,600 by when? its been too fast and too furious, and that has made me afraid. I like to know, was the STI like this in the previous bear-turned-bull market in previous recession? Does it also shoot up 100 points each day? Hw long does that lasts? Does it go forward 2 big steps and then 1 small step backwards followed by another 2 big steps forward? After that stayed flat?? Please enlighten me.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1473 by MacGyver
Just my personl opinion..... Too many funds underinvested during 1Q2009, so when the market turns upwards, they were caught offguard and now they are too heavy on cash. I believe they have to invest these cash and ride with the index up till at least June. Of cours, there will be up and down during these few weeks but I think the general trend is up. Putting money into laggards such as property stocks...

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds