Curtis Montgomery (Wallstraits) has passed away

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #21687 by min1xyz
Curtis, the founder of the now-defunct Wallstraits.com, has passed away in the US. Apparently he suffered a heart attack. R.I.P. man

-- One of several books Curtis authored.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by min1xyz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kapitan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #21689 by chanteik
When I subscribed to Wallstraits.com back in 2003, Curtis sent me a complimentary book with his autograph >>

R.I.P Curtis
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by chanteik.

More
9 years 1 month ago #21693 by Joes
Me too --- learnt about good F.A. from wallstraits.com and Curtis (though I thought it was kinda pretentious of him to call himself Sage). He put out many a good in-depth analysis of stocks and I learnt from it. not all were great picks as they kaput eventually, such as China Paper, JEL, United Food, fr which I learned one other thing about stock investing -- gotta be careful, real careful, mrket is unforgiving. Once get hit, your capital loss can be permanent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kapitan

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #21717 by Kapitan
I understand that Curtis was in his mid-50s. RIP.

This reminds me of another person who became well-known among investors in SG. Dennis Ng (pic below, with wife) -- he died at 43 from a heart attack too.

Both Curtis and Dennis were too young to go. Wealth is nothing w/o health. Take care of your health by eating right, exercising regularly and going for annual health checkups!

help-your-money.blogspot.sg/2012/08/in-m...nnis-ng-kah-wan.html
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Kapitan.

More
9 years 1 month ago #21725 by Kapitan
There's a short bio within an obit published in a local paper: www.legacy.com/obituaries/southbendtribu...y.aspx?pid=174091565

Curtis Jerry Montgomery May 17, 1960 - Feb. 4, 2015 SOUTH BEND - Curtis Jerry Montgomery, beloved son, father, brother, and husband, passed away suddenly after a brief illness on February 4, 2015. Curtis had a passion for the best things in life and his lifelong success is evidence of his strong work ethic and drive. He was a graduate of Northwood High School, class of 1978, graduated from Purdue University in 1982, and received a Master's Degree in Science from the University Notre Dame. Curtis was a successful writer and publisher of books about investing. He also holds multiple patents in his name from his time as a microbiologist and was an avid wine connoisseur. In the late 90s, he moved to Singapore where he enjoyed a rewarding career investing in the stock market, wine futures, and co-owned a prosperous wine store. His return to the Michiana area in 2009 was a happy time for Curtis and his family. In the following years he became interested in organic farming and started New Road Natural Farms with his two sons. The father-and-sons team then continued with the purchase of The Woodland Inn. During this period of his life, he also met his wife and witnessed the birth of his grandson. He is survived by his two sons, Chad and Samuel Montgomery; his wife, Janet; his mother, Priscilla Mason (Jack); his sister, Lynn Haberland (Todd); and his grandson, Gage. He was preceded in death by his sister, Lori L. Montgomery, and his father, Jerry E. Montgomery. A celebration of Curtis' life will take place at the residence of his mother and stepfather (67550 Beech Rd., Wakarusa), with a carry-in dinner on Sunday, February 15, from 1-4 pm. In lieu of flowers, the family asks to please make a donation to a charity of your choice in Curtis' name. - See more at: www.legacy.com/obituaries/southbendtribu...sthash.NRcwaTgv.dpuf

More
9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 10 months ago #21733 by Kapitan
Curtis had 2 sons from his first marriage. They are grown up adults now.

www.facebook.com/curtis.montgomery.566?fref=ts

Janet was his third marriage.

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=72166771...21628&type=1&theater

RIP Curtis.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Kapitan.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds