Triyards, An Unappreciated Stock

More
10 years 7 months ago #16186 by observer2
Reck – I have not given up on S-chips. My preference now is to focus on good non S-chips in view of the existing bad sentiments against S-chips. Most S-chips have become penny stocks akin to most stock prices in an extremely severe bear market. It will take time for sentiments to change. However, I believe that many S-chips will eventually make a dramatic come back if they have not gone into demise by then. History has shown that when euphoria descends upon a very bullish market, many blue chips, potato chips, S-chips, or any other chips can rise to unbelievable level. However, this occur only once in a long time and we are nowhere near such an event yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17075 by observer2
Triyards has announced a full-year nett profit of US$31.4M and a dividend of 2 cents(S).
EPS - 10.6 cts(US) or 13 cts(S) based on 295M shares
PE - 5x at 65 cts

I would consider the stock as very undervalued; and very overdue for a re-rating in its share price as the result is also above many analysts’ expectation -See press release in
infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/Triyards_FY13_R...cement&FileID=260940

More
10 years 5 months ago #17140 by observer2
The future prospect of Triyards, like many others, depends much on the company’s ability to continually secure contracts to keep its business going. There has been concern that Triyards was not able to get more contracts over the past few months. The latest announcement – see link below – that it has secured 2 more contracts worth US$59M to help keep its yards busy through FY 15, should help alleviate this fear somewhat..

infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/TRIYARDS_BH335_...cement&FileID=261342

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds