Starpharm - A turnaround pharma stock

More
10 years 8 months ago #14741 by chinsoonyuen
This guy you mention has a stake in many s-chip. These stakes are bleeding badly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14742 by chinsoonyuen
be careful, this guy you mentioned have stakes in many s-chip, some were the IPO ones. they are now trading at a fraction of IPO prices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14748 by gangho
Newbiestock,

Yes. Bobby Lim Chye Huat who is also the CEO of Tai Sin Electric. He seemed to have special love for the listed SMEs as he ever mentioned somewhere during interview that he is keen to help them succeed. That's why he tended to accumulate but seldom sell them.

Now he owns 2.31% in starpharm. Let's monitor closely as anyone can easily buy 20-30% of starpharm to gain influence over the company, when biz improves which I believe is happening. Waiting for 2Q rpt to confirm :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14751 by pine
gangho, thank you for bringing Starpharm to our attention. I am getting interested. Could you tell me if you attended the recent AGM? Have you spoken with management before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14752 by gangho

abb wrote: gangho, thank you for bringing Starpharm to our attention. I am getting interested. Could you tell me if you attended the recent AGM? Have you spoken with management before?

abb, I didn't attend the recent AGM. I just bought a bit lately and still digging for more info and monitoring its development. I will add more, hopefully still at below 5c, if 2Q rpt shows/confirms it has turned around.

Do share your view if you manages to find somethg interesting. Tq :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #14841 by gangho
Hello Newbiestock and ABB,

it is interesting to note that Starpharm owns 60% in Beida Shijia tech which have been working on TCM pdts stated below...

Have been observing the price movement but it seems no sellers below 4.5c. Not sure if there will be many sellers between 4.5-5c. Any guess?

Beida Shijia Technology Development Co., Ltd.
(北大世佳科技开发有限公司)

Our subsidiary, Hainan STAR Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., has entered into a Share Transfer Agreement on 17 April 2006, to acquire 60% equity interest in Beida Shijia Technology Development Co., Ltd ("Beida Shijia"). Peking University (北京大学) holds the remaining 40% of Beida Shijia.

Beida Shijia is a National High-Tech Enterprise and a leading research institute specialising in the R&D of innovative TCM-formulated drugs. It is also the only research institute under Peking University engaged in the R&D of innovative TCM-formulated drugs. Backed by a strong research team of over 100 research specialists, including 3 researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and 50 PhDs and postgraduate researchers, Beida Shijia has received R&D grants from the Innovation Fund of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the P.R.C. Beida Shijia is also active in international research cooperation through exchange programs with universities and academics in Japan, Korea, France and ASEAN countries.

Beida Shijia's research pipeline shows excellent potential. It currently has 15 TCM-formulated prescription drugs in various stages of development, holding great market potential in addressing a wide spectrum of medical needs. These include products for the treatments of various diseases such as diabetes(糖尿病), hepatitis (肝炎), rheumatics (风湿), osteoporosis (骨质疏松) and senile dementia (老年性痴呆). 2 out of the 15 TCM-formulated drugs under development are Category-I drugs, i.e. drugs which have not previously been marketed in the PRC and/or worldwide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
 

We have 962 guests and one member online

rss_2 NextInsight - Latest News