Thoughts on the market.

More
10 years 3 months ago #18389 by elbert
Replied by elbert on topic Thoughts on the market.
Nice thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #18453 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Thoughts on the market.
Investing in blue chips is a waste of precious time. Might as well put money in FD or just sit on cash.

More
10 years 2 months ago #18456 by josephyeo
Replied by josephyeo on topic Thoughts on the market.
Orignal post on 21 dec '13

josephyeo wrote:
Just to share with you my thoughts on the market. ...

For the past months the market was rattled by 2 major issues : 1) US gov't debt ceiling n 2) QE tapering

Glad to kmow that these 2 issues have passed by smoothly n the market is more stable now.

The first half of december had been been volatile n uncertain. With the passage of these 2 issues, the market should now be more stable. And have indeed firmed up.

Normally when the market firms up in December, the "bulls"
will charge in in January given the historical pattern n the Capricorn efect. The probably of a "bull" is now very high in my view.

I am vested n will be holding my stocks all the way to earliest end January.

Above is just my viewpoints. I welcome all comments from fellow investors.

Fyi i am vested in these stocks :
1. Sunningdale technology
2. Excelpoint
3. Federal
4. Valuetronics
5. global Invacom (G.Invacom)
All these stocks are profitable in their last quarter reports. Most have shown "big" improvement in top n bottom. Excelpoint,Sunningdale Technology n Valuetronics give excellent dividends.
Note: dividend yield above 5% are deemed excellent in my view.

Pls do your own analysis n draw your own conclusion.

This is not an invitation to invite you to invest or to put money into the counters I mentioned. It's just for sharing. In investment things can always go wrong.

All the best to all.!!!

More
10 years 2 months ago #18906 by josephyeo
Replied by josephyeo on topic Thoughts on the market.
Dear friends in this forum, on the 21st dec 2013 I shared with you my views on the market under the topic "Thoughts on the market".

I mentioned that if the market stabilise in december the "bulls" will charge in in January 2014. In most years that was the case. And you see higher daily volumes and heavy "churning" on all kinds of stocks. This year, unfortunately the "bulls" appeared to be "tamed" and the heavy volumes that often characterises an exuberant market didn't happen. It seems that the market is more cautious n measured.

With the Dow being highly "unstable" n the PMI from China disappointing it is very difficult to see a meaningful "bull" for the time being. In view of such situation I would be very cautious in my investment n had in fact been taking profits.

I like to take this opportunity to thank many of you for your encouragement n kind words. I sincerely hope that you too have make some meaningful profits. This will be my last post for the time being. May post again if I see value or when the situation become clearer.

All the best to all of you. May you have a blessed Lunar New Year!

ps: below is a short recap on my post on the 5 counters on 21 st dec 2013. Price at time of post n today's closing (27 jan 2014) - - -

1. Sunningdale 13.9 - 15.9cts (high of 19.5 cts)

2. Excelpoint 8.9 - 9.2 cts (high of 9.6 cts)

3. Federal 2.8 - 5.4 cts (high of 6.4 cts)

4. Valuetronics 24.5 - 26.0 cts (high of 27.5 cts)

5. G. Invacom 19.6 - 27 cts (high of 27 cts)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie

More
10 years 2 months ago #18908 by chinsoonyuen
It has been a bear mkt for several years and 2014 look to continue this trend. sti 3900 set in 2007 hv never been tested or even get near it and 2014 seem like getting further away from it.

More
10 years 1 month ago #18953 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Thoughts on the market.
Are you using the STI as a reference? I don't. It's not relevant if we are looking for mid-cap gems that, when ignited, can soar 30-50% in a short few months. The bloody STI will never give you that kind of return, right?

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds