CENTURION

More
9 years 7 months ago #20835 by Bubbachuck
Replied by Bubbachuck on topic CENTURION
I think it's a very good entry point at this price. Sadly I went in at a higher price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #20865 by sykn
Replied by sykn on topic CENTURION
The main issue is whether Centurion is experiencing what Buffet calls a secular change in its business environment - too many competitor diving in on the supply side and government policy allowing contractors to avoid spending money on dormitories for their workers on the demand side. While I cannot fault this anecdotal assessment, the financial numbers don't seem to indicate a rapid decline. So it's one side betting against the other. To each his own and good luck!

More
9 years 6 months ago #21010 by Bubbachuck
Replied by Bubbachuck on topic CENTURION
Feeling positive on its plan to expand Student Accommodation Business and Workers Accommodation Business to the Middle East, Europe, the United States and Canada (“New Markets”). Bright future ahead.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21011 by sykn
I'm thinking this new move sounds more like making a value out of necessity, as the local market is drying up after the authority allowed contractors to keep their foreign workers at the work site. Breaking into the mature markets in the western countries is not going to be easy as I am sure this need must have been met by what's available there already. For instance, a student studying in London would paying around GBP 200 a week sharing an apartment with others. The price may sound lucrative, but we need to remember that property prices in London are already sky-high! So I am not very comforted but still vested despite the steep price fall for this counter.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #21021 by zane
Replied by zane on topic CENTURION
Lee Kerk Chong -- this director sold some more at 50.1 cents. I don't think he will stop so soon. Lee was founder of SM Summit which was taken over (RTO I think) and it became Centurion.

infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/_eForm%201-Lee%...cement&FileID=318022
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by zane.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21023 by sykn
I thought he bought some 340 lots rather than sold.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds