Penny where got honey.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #8863 by cheongwee.
Penny where got honey. was created by cheongwee.
My advise for retail invester is to choose the most fundamental stock, that pay lot of div. and go long term.
Don't go for penny and s-chip, 95% lose money. I see here too penny and s-chip talk.
And i check, most of them got no heart beat at all.
When you post on s-chip and penny, there might be some who will follow and vest.
So please, stop posting abt penny and s-chip , they are rubbish mostly.
I see most here are fit for the toilet.
Penny and s-chip are good for speculating only.
I hope s-chip rally will come for you all to get out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago #8865 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Penny where got honey.
I can still remember when i come to this forum, way back. There was talk of Sapphire and Qingmei and the Foreland.
And i remember Sapphire and Qingmei was 30c plus stock, today they are miserable.
I don't want to argue, we let market decide. The low price is there for a reason.
I am just warning those who read about them to think twice before you invest in them.
I do trade them, but to go long on penny is absurb.
I know people will said Venture was once a penny, but can I ask you how many penny will be venture.
Definitely, it is not going to be Sapphire or Qingmei!!!!
Please don't be too naive.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8868 by peter lee
I agreed with you .

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8869 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Penny got honey.
Please don't be too dismissive and presumptious. Firstly, the market price is not efficient. There always will be gems at undervalued prices. The question is, will they offer attractive risk-reward ratio. And are you the type of investor to take this path? If you are not, you cannot impose your heavily presumptious views on others to buy blue chips (boring lah!) in the name of safety. Risk appetites differ. There is no one single right or wrong approach to investing. If you are an old fogey with some money, you will take the wealth preservation approach. Actually, that is a generalisation -- I know over-moneyed investors who will challenge themselves to look for undervalued small caps and take a bet on them -- because the rewards are potentially huge. 

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8873 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:Penny where got honey.
cheongwee, you mentioned Foreland. How do you know this is definitely not a stock to be a long term investor in ? Did you meet management and talk with it? Did you bother to attend AGM/

My friend went and this is what he posted at Valuebuddies.com. This is the kind of insightful comment I value, rather than sweeping generalisations.

"After attending the AGM am I more assure of company? Yes, I think they're not a fly-by-night company. My comfort level of an accounting fraud happening has improved. They have strong fundamentals (both finance and business wise). I feel more assured of the management of the company. However, I'm not too certain how this will ride out. Am I sufficiently confident to increase my holdings and average down? Maybe I'll take a few days to digest and process."

You can read the full AGM insights by bb88 at: www.valuebuddies.com/thread-592-post-23770.html#pid23770

It's hard work to be a good truthful investor, rather than be an arm-chair critic.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8874 by greenrookie
To be true, s chip are risky counters. China business culture is different from singapore or the west. The fact that many companies from many different bourses get into some trouble point to that as a fact. But it is also a fact that not all china business are frauds and belong to the dump. To think so, would be ridiculous. Mr market is dynamic and irrational at times. There is no point looking at a particular point of time and say, hey mr market punish these useless counters. All counters have their ups and downs and some went to the grave, but to imply frauds simply because they are at their low is sweeping. Those who bought qingmei at 11 cents 4 months ago and offload at 21 cents 1 mth again is still a champion..

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds