Valuetronics - "Thoughts on the market".

More
10 years 2 months ago #19125 by Mr.J
Took notice of valuetronics in November. I have since sold almost half my holdings to preserve profits. Hopefully there is still more upside for all.

asingaporedaytrader.blogspot.sg/2014/02/...sful-trade-in-3.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19130 by josephyeo
Hi ontheball,

At the time of my first post the ratio of my portfolio was Federal 40%, Sunningdale 20%, Valuetronics 20%, G.Invacom 10% n Excelpoint 10% each.

Due to uncertainty in the market i have sold off all non dividend paying stocks in my portfolio. I am down to 3 counters with Valuetronics n Sunningdale taking up 40% each and Excelpoint 20%. These counters are high dividend yield stocks. It's a defensive move as high yield stocks are less volatile. From observation most stocks bottom at a point when the yield hits 10%.

Valuetronics has clear value w it's low pe n high dividend yield. The 3rd quarter result was good n if they can maintain the momentum, the current financial year will be a record year. Based on historical payout ratio the dividend could be anything from 2 to 2.5 cts.

Sunningdale is a different game n the waiting time may be longer. It's 2013 result should be alright as it's 9 months profits is already higher than last financial year ie 2012. The dividend payout ratio is between 28% to 94%, so the dividend should also be alright.

The initiatives taken by the company will be reflected in 2014. So, it will be an exciting year for Sunningdale. If the initiatives taken by them in 2013 bear fruits, it will be a great year for Sunningdale. If it doesn't, then the call is off. They have got on with a good start with S$5.43 m capital gain from the sales of it's plant in Singapore. Personally I am bullish but i could be wrong. And I have allocated 40% of my portfolio in this counter. So invest with your own risk.

As regards to your question on what I look for in a stock, mine is very simple n basic. I try to look at the company in it's totality … current n forward pe, cash, debts, nta, profit trends, management comments (I assume they know best), 52 weeks high n low, revenue level (if revenue too low, company profit cannot be exciting). I am not into technicalities or financials (economic value, roe, roi etc). Before i buy into the company i look at the downside before i look at the upside. This helps me to avoid taking unneccessary risks. To me, the key to investment is capital preservation. Once one know how to preserve his/her capital, profits come naturally.

Hope above are useful to you. Good luck n all the best!

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #19132 by ontheball
Hi Joseph,
Thanks for sharing with us your stock trading strategy. It's food for thought and very instructive as always. I think you're very discipline to be able to so decisively trim off two stocks from your portfolio in order to adhere to your strategy. I think most investors, including me, have plausible strategies but lack the discipline to follow through. We tend to fall in love with our stock picks and can't let go.
Thanks to your earlier posts, I've invested in Federal and Valuetronics. I really like the Federal turnaround story and its highly probable lifting from the watchlist. However, I'm taking on board your point about high div yeild stocks being good defensive stocks and will be vigilant. By the way, do you think you'll reinvest in Federal in the future when the market becomes less volatile?
I'm hoping for the stock price of Valuetronics to fall a little so that I can buy a bit more. The latest numbers from the co. look really promising.
Once again thanks for sharing. I've learned a lot from you and I'm very very grateful.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by ontheball.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #19303 by josephyeo
Latest results on Excelpoint, Sunningdale n Valuetronics on profit/loss; dividends n nta.

Excelpoint :

Profit after tax (fy2012) S$6307

Profit after tax (fy2013) S$7782

Profit up by 23.30%

current price 9.5 cts

dividend declared o.8 cts

dividend yield 8.4%

nta 10.2 cts

Sunningdale :

Profit after tax (fy2012) S$9562

Profit after tax (fy2013) S$13649

Profit up by 42.70%

current price 15.6 cts

dividend declared o.7 cts

dividend yield 4.47%

nta 31.32 cts

Valuetronics

Profit after tax - (apr to dec 2012) in HK$53547

Profit after tax - (apr to dec 2012) in HK$108432

Profit up by 102.5%

current price in 28.5 cts (S$)

dividend - forecast 2.2 cts (S$)

dividend yield 7.7%

nta 1.869(HK$)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by josephyeo. Reason: spacing

More
10 years 1 month ago #19305 by lotustpsll
Good picks!.

As for Valuetronics, and based on its 3Q results, I believe the company can restore its dividend back to hkd18 cents, i.e. about sgd2.9 cent. This is equivalent to a dividend yield of 10%.

Currently this counter is not being covered by any analyst.

Core small cap in my portfolio.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #19996 by josephyeo
Dear all,

Valuetromics results out today. The excellent results are slightly above my expectation. Here goes ...

Profit : HK$147,905,000 - S$23.6

Dividend declared : Final 16 HK cts n Special 4 HK cts
total dividend 20 HK cts - S$0.032

Below is a quote from my earlier posting:

Hi ontheball,

At the time of my first post the ratio of my portfolio was Federal 40%, Sunningdale 20%, Valuetronics 20%, G.Invacom 10% n Excelpoint 10% each.

Due to uncertainty in the market i have sold off all non dividend paying stocks in my portfolio. I am down to 3 counters with Valuetronics n Sunningdale taking up 40% each and Excelpoint 20%. These counters are high dividend yield stocks. It's a defensive move as high yield stocks are less volatile. From observation most stocks bottom at a point when the yield hits 10%.

Valuetronics has clear value w it's low pe n high dividend yield. The 3rd quarter result was good n if they can maintain the momentum, the current financial year will be a record year. Based on historical payout ratio the dividend could be anything from 2 to 2.5 cts.

Sunningdale is a different game n the waiting time may be longer. It's 2013 result should be alright as it's 9 months profits is already higher than last financial year ie 2012. The dividend payout ratio is between 28% to 94%, so the dividend should also be alright.

The initiatives taken by the company will be reflected in 2014. So, it will be an exciting year for Sunningdale. If the initiatives taken by them in 2013 bear fruits, it will be a great year for Sunningdale. If it doesn't, then the call is off. They have got on with a good start with S$5.43 m capital gain from the sales of it's plant in Singapore. Personally I am bullish but i could be wrong. And I have allocated 40% of my portfolio in this counter. So invest with your own risk.

As regards to your question on what I look for in a stock, mine is very simple n basic. I try to look at the company in it's totality … current n forward pe, cash, debts, nta, profit trends, management comments (I assume they know best), 52 weeks high n low, revenue level (if revenue too low, company profit cannot be exciting). I am not into technicalities or financials (economic value, roe, roi etc). Before i buy into the company i look at the downside before i look at the upside. This helps me to avoid taking unneccessary risks. To me, the key to investment is capital preservation. Once one know how to preserve his/her capital, profits come naturally.

Hope above are useful to you. Good luck n all the best!

Unquote
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by josephyeo. Reason: correct figures

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds