Valuetronics - "Thoughts on the market".

More
9 years 8 months ago #20643 by lotustpsll
I quote the summary below by Phillip Capital which has a TP 0f 59 cents -

"Amidst bearish headwinds from the CE segment, a very positive development in ICE is filling up the gap. Valuetronics remains a buy at current prices due to having better margins than peers, active guidance by management to navigate product cycles by sourcing new products and clients, a solid balance sheet, and essentially being a dividend machine with good cash flows".

It is noted in the report that the new ICE client belongs to the "bigger client group range" - this means a stronger impact on overall revenue and margins.

The report by PC is in my view more balanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20725 by ontheball
Sifu Joseph Yeo, given the sharp rise in price of Valuetronics in the past few weeks, did you sell some to lock in profit or are you keeping them for longer term.
I sold all my holdings after the ex-div and made a very nice profit and I'm starting to slowly buy back again as the price is softening. Bought some today at .48 and will buy a bit more when it gets cheaper. Interested to learn your investment style given your experience. Thanks

More
9 years 8 months ago #20760 by Joes
Only 44.5 cents today? I will load up next week!

More
9 years 8 months ago #20762 by ontheball
Any idea why the sharp sell-off? Very high vol.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20767 by Joes
I think people sold Valuetronics because of the flattish 1Q profit growth: net profit for the three months ended 30 June 2014 (“Q1FY2015”) increased by 1.8% to HK$33.9 million.

This is looking like a good value stock to me @ 44 cents.

More
9 years 8 months ago #20770 by ontheball
Interesting. If the price falls more today, I might get a few more lots. Have to be a little careful as the sell off was a little too sharp for comfort.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds