Straco -- gem?

More
10 years 2 months ago #19037 by BNN
Replied by BNN on topic Straco -- gem?
I read the CIMB report & noted that the analysts were positive about the impact on Straco's aquarium from the opening of the Disneyland theme park in Shanghai at end-2015. Some investors have posted that they saw negative repercussions -- specifically, that Disnelyand will draw away tourist dollars. Well, we have to wait & see the actual reality. In the meantime, here is CIMB's view :

research.cimb.com/index.php?ch=5014&pg=5021&ac=63657&bb=file

Shanghai Disneyland to increase visitor arrivals at SOA
Shanghai Disneyland is slated to open at the end of 2015 in the Pudong New District, which is in the vicinity of the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. The resort will feature a 225-acre theme park, two hotels with a total of 1,220 rooms, a
retail, dining and entertainment area similar to Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California, USA (46,000 sq m GFA), as well as other recreational facilities and parking and transportation hubs.

We believe that the opening of Shanghai Disneyland will benefit SOA in terms of stronger visitor arrivals due to: 1) the similar target market for both attractions, 2) close proximity between SOA and Shanghai Disneyland and 3) improved access to the area via new transportation networks and hubs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19038 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Straco -- gem?
Results : 28 February 2014, after trading hours.

It's going to be a record profit, considering that at 9M2013, Straco has already achieved sgd28.5 m in net profit. It's already a 72% jump y-o-y

More
10 years 2 months ago #19065 by zane
Replied by zane on topic Straco -- gem?
Business-wise, Straco (45.5 cents) is a lot more sexy than G.Invacom, yet G.Invacom (49 cents) is streaking ahead. It's puzzling, hor?

More
10 years 2 months ago #19108 by Poh
Replied by Poh on topic Straco -- gem?
This has been one of the best stocks highlighted in this forum. I think the buzz started at 25-28 cents. I seriously took notice after Rock declared he was already invested. maybe around 35 cents. ? I have been in luv ever since. :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pine

More
10 years 2 months ago #19134 by Rock
Replied by Rock on topic Straco -- gem?
Straco 9 months profit S$28.47m, EPS 3.38 cents. Full year result will be out on 28/2/2014. EPS most probably about 4 cents per share. If Straco pay out dividend of 50% that gives 2 cents per share. Trading at 48 cents dividend yield of 4.16%.

Straco at 48 cents is trading at prospective PE of 12x. If S$100 million cash, take that off its market cap of S$400 m, and you get S$300m. So its business is being valued at $300 million, or less than 10x earnings. That makes it cheap and don't forget, every year it can generate more free cashflow in excess of S$10 million a year and zero debt. With regards to QE3 tapering, Straco is an attractive stock.
Vested
The following user(s) said Thank You: Val

More
10 years 2 months ago #19158 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Straco -- gem?
I agree with Rock. Straco at less than 10X (ex-cash) is absurdly cheap for this biz which generates tremendous free cash flow.

How about $1.00? It means 20X (ex-cash) PE. By no means expensive, right? :P

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds