Prepare to buy! What stocks....

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #22318 by Joes
Wow, ringgit at 2.80 low. Shopping in Msia is great but how about those who bought Iskandar homes? Depends if they bought in cash, or took ringget loans.
as my Friend, John Chong, said If they took ringget loans at 90% financing, then their loss is minimal as they have not actually paid for 90% of the value of the property, and the payment is now chepaer in S$ terms.
Furthermore, with RM dropping like crazy, the property may even appreciate in RM terms. So in the end , they may even make a profit if they sell in a higher price.
But if they paid cash, they are screwed..
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Joes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #22321 by pine
Sharing Gabriel Yap's insights:

Hi,

In our last Saturday's class, I mentioned that 3,500 on the Shanghai Composite was a good level to be looking at for the end of the current bloodshed market in Shanghai and HK. It would have represented a 50% retracement from 2005 in Jun 2014 to 5,166 in 12 Jun 2015.

I repeated this in my radio interview on Tuesday this week (MP3 soundtrack attached).

The Shanghai Composite closed at 3,507 yesterday, 7 points away from 3,500.

Today, it staged a welcome recovery of 202 points to close at 3,709 or up 5.76%.

The Chinese and HK markets ups-and-downs, thrills-and-spills are a great study of behavioural finance. From studies and analysis of past corrections, what is different is -

1. The pace and magnitude of the rises and falls - This is by far the sharpest by comparison.

2. The volumes are no longer much indicative as one-third of the stocks have been suspended, which I suspect would be progressively lifted as the market recovers

3. The unravelling of the margin finance trades of $379 billion x 3 hold the key to the extent of the market recovery

4. Key question now is - "Do you want to bet against the Chinese authorities" or is it better to "go with the flow"

5. As it is 90% driven by retail funds, the ups-and-downs are determined on a daily basis. I will be relying less on charts here.

It is just tremendous to be able to incorporate this episode in our knowledge pool as if your risk appetite is high, you have here a market to delve into, unlike the boring local market.

More
8 years 5 months ago #22561 by Poh
Replied by Poh on topic Prepare to buy! What stocks....

Mel wrote: Sinarmas Land warrants now 53.5 cents.
To exercise in Nov 2015, pay 10 cents to get mother shares.
total cost = 63.5 cents.

Mother share now 83 cents.

But the dilution from warrants will be big, adding 1.5 billion shares to the share capital of about 3 billion currently.

Warrants now only 40.5 cents. Add 10 cents exercise price and pay total of 50.5 cents.
Mother share now at 55.5 cents. Makes sense to buy the warrants.....isn't it?

More
8 years 5 months ago #22566 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Prepare to buy! What stocks....
Check out China Aviation Oil. PE only 5-6 x for a solid monopoly and a govt well-backed entity.
Also, ISOTEAM, because its ventures in Myanmar and the region will be the big catalyst when its partner Nippon Paint clinches more painting jobs.

More
8 years 5 months ago #22595 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Prepare to buy! What stocks....
BAKER TECHNOLOGY, cheap oil & gas play. Reason: massive cash pile & corporate bonds == 18 cents. Share price only 21 cents.

More
8 years 4 months ago #22648 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Prepare to buy! What stocks....
Some of the stock picks in Nasi Lemak portfolio are doing v well.

Nasi Lemak Portfolio: Will it turn out spicy and nice?

www.nextinsight.net/index.php/story-arch...to-be-spicy-and-nice

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds